To obtain a license to operate a Short-Term Rental, the owner of the property or their designated authorized agent shall complete an application and submit it for review, along with the non-refundable application fee to the Building Inspector. Prior to submission of the application, it is important that the property owner understands the Ordinance (Series 2019-04), the Zoning Map and the regulations pertaining to Accessory Dwelling Units(ADU's are not permitted to be rented short-term in any zone district).
To discuss the process or schedule a site inspection prior to submitting the application, please call the Building Inspector at 970-325-7063.
- Short-Term Rental Application
- Short-Term Rental Regulations (Section 7-5-J-10 of the Municipal Code)
- Example of Completed Application
- City Zoning Map
- City Base Map
- Ouray County GIS File
- Accessory Dwelling Units (Section 7-5-J-6)
- Rules Pertaining to RV's, including parking (Section 7-5-J-5)
- Land Use Definition (Section 7-2